DF | NF | RSF | EF – can be GF
AGE APPROPRIATE: 8 months +
SERVES: 3 child servings
Yummy and most of all making your morning that much easier. This makes enough for 3 small child servings, so prep the night before and know breaky is done for a few days!
Overnight oats are so great because they are soaked and soured overnight in the yoghurt/milk – so the phytic acid is reduced making them much easier to digest and also the nutrients are more bioavailable.
Carrot 'Cake' overnight oats
- Lid or Cover
- Small Bowl
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 1/2 cup rolled oats*
- 1 TBSP hemp seeds
- 1 cup milk of choice I use almond
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup yoghurt of choice I use Greek, can use coconut for DF
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 2 tsp maple syrup Omit under 12 months
- Add all ingredients except the chia seeds to a small bowl and stir
- Add the chia seeds and stir through
- Pop the lid on and leave overnight or atleast 4 hours in the fridge
- Serve and enjoy!
Overnight oats are so great because they are soaked and soured overnight in the yoghurt/milk - so the phytic acid is reduced making them much easier to digest and also the nutrients are more bioavailable. *will last about 3 days in the fridge covered. Does not freeze well. Swaps:
Quinoa Flakes for Rolled Oats to make this recipe GF Coconut Yoghurt for Greek yoghurt for DF