AGE APPROPRIATE: One meal + a day
SERVES: 1 adult and one child serving
I have been eating this beautiful grain-free porridge for a few months now, and I love that its a meal I can share with the kids. Safe to have from 6 months of age once introduced to almonds and ghee (allergens). It freezes well or you can keep it in the fridge a few days.
This recipe is from our book – Milk to Meals
Apple Almond grain-free porridge
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 TBSP desiccated coconut
- 1 TBSP ghee or coconut oil
- 1 apple peeled and quartered
- 1 medjool date pitted
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 TBSP milk kefir
- 1 TBSP collagen
- 1 tsp desiccated liver powder
- Peel and quarter apple and place in small saucepan with the pitted date and 1/4 cup water, place on low heat with lid on and steam until apple and date are fork soft (about 7 minutes) - add more water if needed.
- Add the ghee and stir through, then add the remainder of ingredients.
- Stir to combine, you can do this on or off the heat if you prefer it to be warmer.
The date can be omitted for a less sweet version for younger babies if preferred