GF | DF | NF
AGE APPROPRIATE: 12 months + or when on 3 meals a day if you omit the honey
SERVES: Makes 1 loaf or 10 muffins
Buckwheat Banana Bread
- 1 Baking Paper
- 1 Spoon or Whisk
- 1 Measuring Spoons
- 1 Loaf tin or Muffin tin
- 3 bananas overripe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw honey or organic maple syrup omit under 12 months
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs omit under 12 months
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl, add eggs, honey, oil and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add the baking powder, buckwheat flour and cacao nibs (if using).
- Spoon batter into a lined bread tin and bake for 1 hour, or until cooked through. Test with a skewer prior to removing.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin.
If making into muffins, reduce the cooking time by 15 minutes