I am constantly asked about nut free alternatives for treats, specifically for school lunchboxes. So, I have paired with Katie from Amaseballs the ‘bliss ball expert’ to bring you this delicious nut free, gluten free, dairy free bliss ball that is perfect for school lunchboxes. They are also an amazing, nutritious postpartum or pregnancy snack to have on hand!
This ball could be given to a child from 12 months of age. The reason being, is I prefer to keep food savoury for as long as possible. and these are quite sweet from all the dates!
Hope you enjoy this tasty recipe, packed full of protein, healthy fats, sustainable carbohydrates and calcium!
Tahini bliss balls
- Food processor
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup cup tahini *sesame allergen
- 1/4 cup buckwheat groats/kernals
- 2 TBSP Sesame seeds (to roll in) *sesame allergen
- In a processor blend oats, coconut, cinnamon, and salt until a meal consistency forms.
- Add in dates and tahini and blend on med-high until mixture is well combined.
- Pour in buckwheat and blend on low so they stay whole (for crunch). If offering to a younger baby, blend until completely smooth.
- Roll into even sized balls, will make approximately 15 bliss balls.
- Optional – roll the balls in sesame seeds which will make them less sticky and provide an extra calcium hit!