SERVES: 6 adults
This is one of my most POPULAR recipes, loved by all! So yummy to share with your baby, the meat is tender and soft and they just love it!!
- 1 Dutch Oven i use the Le Creuset 4L
- 1.3-1.5 kg beef brisket
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 400 grams diced tomatoes
- 100 grams tomato paste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup bone broth beef or chicken
- 2 TBSP maple syrup optional
- 2 TBSP worcestershire sauce GF
- Use whatever you like! I sprinkle generously with garlic powder, onion powder, sprinkle of cinnamon, sumac, smoked paprika - whatever your heart desires!
- Preheat oven to 130C
- In an oven proof casserole dish (mines about 4L), over a medium heat brown off your brisket on both sides, then allow to rest in a bowl to the side
- To the hot pan, add the garlic and onion and allow to caramelise and soften
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, orange juice, bone broth, maple syrup and worcestershire sauce. Then add your meat back in (the liquid should go about 2/3 of the way up the meat, allowing some of the meat to remain out of the liquid)
- Sprinkle the top of the meat with your spices of choice. Place the lid on, and pop in the oven for around 6ish hours - until the meat is soft to touch and shreds easily!
- Once soft, shred with two forks through the sauce.
- Optional, but if you have a lot of sauce and prefer it a bit thicker, or if you have a lot of fat rest turn the oven up to 180c and place the brisket back into the oven (lid off) for about an hour until caramelised and delicious!!