AGE APPROPRIATE: When on 2+ meals a day
Cooking rice in bone broth using the absorption method is a really easy way of incorporating bone broth into your little ones diet, making this rice not only gut-friendly, but delicious! The oil helps to bind to the digestible starch in the rice, creating resistant starch (an amazing prebiotic to feed the good gut-bacteria).
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 cup organic medium grain white rice
- 1.5 cups bone broth
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- Rinse the rice thoroughly in water.
- Add the washed rice, bone broth and coconut oil to a saucepan, stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with the lid on for approximately 15 minutes - keep an eye on it for the last few minutes
- Once the broth is all absorbed, remove from the heat and leave the lid on for 5 minutes
- Remove the lid and use a fork to fluff up the rice.