Beetroot and tahini dip/puree
- 1 Baking Dish:
- 1 Blender
- 2 large beetroots (or 3 small)
- drizzle coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large sprig rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup tahini* allergen
- 1/3 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil cold pressed
- 3 tbsp water to loosen or bone broth
- Coat beetroot in coconut oil.
- Roast whole beetroot (skin on) and garlic clove in oven at 180C for 45 mins or until tender.
- Remove skin of beetroot and garlic and add to food processor or blender.
- Add rosemary, cumin, lemon juice, hemp seeds, olive oil and tahini. Blitz and loosen with water until desired consistency (I blitzed mine until smooth like hummus).
- Serve as a dip or if making into baby food I then added some warm bone broth and mixed through.