This is a meal my older children love, and us too – but to make it BLW friendly – you can offer some of the chicken, broccolini, toast (if tolerated), egg (if tolerated) etc. even serve with a few slices of avocado!
Chicken Caesar Salad
- Food processor or blender
- Large bowl
- cutting board
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Tongs for flipping sourdough under the grill
- Thermomix (Optional)
- 500 grams chicken breast either poached, roasted or pan-fried and cut into slices
- 4 rashers bacon (preferably nitrate free), chopped
- 2 eggs omit if not tolerated
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 2 slices sourdough bread Or GF bread
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 cos lettuce
- 2 handfuls ocket leaves
- Parmesan cheese shaved as much as you want!
- 50 grams parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 80 grams olive oil
- 2 tbsp mayonaise or aioli
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 anchovy fillets chopped optional
- Prepare your chicken however you like, I just pan-fried ours in some ghee. I also fried the bacon at the same time.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, poach a couple of eggs (or hard boil if you prefer).
- Steam some broccolini until just soft, then remove and allow to cool.
- Prep your dressing whilst all cooking - add all ingredients except the oil into a food processor or blender, blend until combined and then slowly drizzle in the olive oil whilst the blender is on a slow/medium speed - you dont want to add it too quickly as that will cause the dressing to split. If using a thermomix pop the butterfly whisk on and do it on speed 4 and pop the oil just onto the lid and it will drizzle down under the measuring cup! Place in a jar when ready (so you can shake it when ready to serve)
- op your sourdough onto a grill tray, drizzle with some olive oil and salt and pepper and pop under the grill until toasted, turning once. Cut into small crouton shapes when cooked.
- Pop lettuce and capers and broccolini in a large bowl, top with the croutons, bacon, chicken, parmesan cheese and eggs. Drizzle over the dressing when ready to serve.
- This is a meal my older children love, and us too - but to make it BLW friendly - you can see what I have offered will by offering a deconstructed version - you can offer some of the chicken, broccolini, toast (if tolerated), egg (if tolerated) etc. even serve with a few slices of avocado!