One of my favourite desserts, because it’s simple, wholesome, nourishing and so healthy you can eat it for breakfast too! It’s also a great way to use up all those apples the toddler has had one bite out of!
- 1 Bowls
- 1 Cups
- 1 Spoon
- 1 Ovenproof Dish
- 5 apples or pears peeled
- any other fruit you might like – blueberries/raspberries/rhubarb etc optional
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 orange rind grated
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 5 medjool dates pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or maple syrup optional, omit under 12 months
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Steam fruit until tender (about 10-15 minutes)
- Put fruit into an oven proof dish with the water, juice, rind, cinnamon and vanilla and mix together.
- In a seperate bowl add all the topping ingredients and mix together until combined
- Put topping on top of fruit mixture
- Bake for approximately 30 – 40 minutes or until crumble is browned!
- Enjoy with some coconut or Greek yoghurt, or full cream!