AGE APPROPRIATE: when tolerating fish and eggs separately (allergens)
Leftover Rice and Fish Cakes
- 1 Frying Pan
- 1 Sandwich Press
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup cooked and cooked rice
- A large tin salmon (400g) or any other tinned fish you want to use (eg sardines, mackere
- 2 tbsp cassava flour (can also use buckwheat or if tolerating gluten spelt flour)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 TBSP finely chopped herbs such as parsley or dill or coriander
- Small handful cheese such as Parmesan or cheddar (if tolerating dairy, omit for under 12 months)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well - if using fish with the bones make sure they are all crushed down.
- Pan fry in some ghee or avocado or olive oil, until cooked through on both sides - or pop in your sandwich press for a quick cook
Or - freeze cooked or uncooked for up to 3 months, place in between baking paper to easily grab for a quick meal!