GF | DF | NF | RSF
AGE APPROPRIATE: once tolerating eggs and fish (allergens)
MAKES: 8 fritters
To be enjoyed for the whole fam! A mild fish taste when
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Frying Pan
- Spatula or Flipper
- 1 tin sardines, drained
- 1 cup grated zucchini (juice squeezed out)
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp cassava flour spelt would work here too
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley or dill
- 1 tbsp ghee for frying or olive oil for DF
- 1/2 lemon to serve
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk well
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out all of the juices into the sink. Add the zucchini to the eggs as well as the fresh herbs.
- Break up the sardines gently in your fingers, crushing the little soft bones in too, and add to the bowl.
- Lastly pour in the cassava flour and mix well to form the batter.
- Preheat a frying pan over a medium to high heat and add in the ghee. Once your pan is hot, spoon the batter into the frying pan - roughly two tablespoons per fritter. Fry on each side until golden.
- Squeeze over fresh lemon juice to serve, and if enjoyed by the whole family I like to season them with salt too.