AGE APPROPRIATE: once tolerating eggs
I love savoury muffins. They can be a great nutrient dense snack or even a meal for a toddler as they’re full of protein, carbohydrates and fats to keep them sustained until the next minute they ask for a snack!
- Muffin tin
- Mixing Bowl
- Spoon or Whisk
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 5 large eggs (or 6 medium)
- ¼ cup melted ghee, olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 5 black olives, diced (omit if you or your kiddies aren’t olive fans)
Optional Add Ins
- 1 cup grated cheese over 12 months of age
- fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, basil or sage) to taste
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with muffin paper liners, or use a silicone muffin tray
- Mix all ingredients together until combined. If you have a thermomix, pop everything into the bowl and mix on reverse until combined
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cups until about ¾ full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and fully cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a bit.
- Serve warm with butter, or if dairy free, fresh avocado slices.
*Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or pop in freezer for up to 6 months