GF | DF | RSF | NF
AGE APPROPRIATE: when tolerating eggs
MAKES: 12 fritters
- Lemon Zester
- Frying Pan
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 tsp sea salt omit under 12 months
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP dill or chives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese omit for dairy free or for under 12 months
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup cassava flour Or plain flour will work if gluten is tolerated, or chickpea - besan flour
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Ghee or Olive oil
- Grate the zucchini and transfer to a fine mesh strainer and set over a bowl. Toss the zucchini with the salt and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Wring all of the excess liquid out of the zucchini with your hands, then place the zucchini into some paper towel and scrunch together to get even more of the liquid out - the drier the better! There will be a lot of liquid!
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Mix in the zucchini, dill, feta, and garlic. Add the zest of one lemon (reserve the lemon for serving). Sprinkle the flour and baking powder over the mixture and stir until combined.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Drop ¼ cup sized portions into the pan. Pan-fry until golden brown on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the fritters to a paper towel-lined plate. Add a bit more ghee or oil to the pan if necessary, then repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with reserved lemon squeezed over