AGE APPROPRIATE: When tolerating egg
These little pancakes are so quick, easy, nutritious and yummy! They make the perfect breakfast, or a great snack for your little one when you’re out and about.
They are gluten free, dairy free and nut free (if you omit the nut butter) making them also perfect for little lunchboxes.
They are made with tapioca flour (or you can use cassava flour); which is the starch from the cassava root. Tapioca is very easy to digest, gluten free, a great source of resistant starch (feeding the good bacteria in the gut) and free of the major allergens.
You can also remake the batter the night before, and then on those busy mornings just pull out of the fridge, cook and enjoy.
Banana Pancakes - baby friendly
- Small Bowl
- Frying Pan
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or cassava flour
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp GF baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp OPTIONAL: tahini or nut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place flour, banana, egg and tahini/nut butter (if using) into a blender or Thermomix
- In a seperate small bowl, add the baking powder and the apple cider vinegar - stir until the two react and fizz up then add to the blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth
- Heat a frying pan and add the coconut oil, add the batter approximately 1 TBSP per pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface, flip over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until cooked through
- Transfer to a plate and serve. For BLW cut into safe sized finger shaped pieces (similar size to your index finger).