Asian-style dish that may be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a side dish to a main meal. This recipe is simple, nourishing and full of flavour.
Babies can practice using a spoon here, or use their fingers for a wonderful sensory experience! This is a super quick meal to prepare, and can be easily shared with your little one.
This recipe contains sesame oil, which is one of the top 9 allergens for babies. You can read more about safely introducing babies to allergens in this blog post.
Bone Broth Steamed Eggs
- 1 Double boiler (or heat proof bowl + colander + lid)
- 1 cup eggs approximately 5 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups bone broth of choice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp tamari
- 2 tsp finely sliced shallots
- 1 pinch salt
- Crack the eggs into a heat proof bowl and whisk well. Season with salt and pour in the broth, mixing gently
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and place a colander on top. Cover the bowl of eggs with glad wrap tightly or a firm fitting lid and place the bowl in to sit on the colander (out of the water) place a lid over the top of the colander and allow the eggs to steam in the bowl for 12 minutes
- You know it is ready when it jiggles when moved and is no longer runny
- Shallowly slice the steamed egg and top with the sesame oil, tamari and finely sliced shallots