This is one of my favourite purees as an adult to eat, and was also one of my children’s favourites as well! I actually love puree as an adult, they go SO amazing with so many proteins, and you can blend it as chunky or smooth as you want. Because the vegetables are so well cooked (and of course the addition of bone broth if using) this puree is super easy to digest – perfect for when your body needs a bit of a digestion break!
I also love this puree as it contains healthy fats AND prebiotic’s which are essential gardeners for our gut, and help to feed the good bacteria in our gut. It also contains iron from the kale, and plenty of antioxidants from the cauliflower and broccoli.
- 1 Blender
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 knife
- 1 Strainer
- 1 bowl
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 broccoli (stalks and all!)
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 kale leaves removed from the stems and stems discarded
- 500 ml bone broth or use water or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter, or coconut oil or avocado oil or bone marrow
- 1 tbsp dill or any herb you want, sage or basil or thyme is lovely!
- 1 egg yolk optional but makes it creamy
- Roughly chop all vegetables – stalks and all (except the kale, discard those stalks)
- Add them to a large saucepan with the bone broth/water, bring to the boil and then cook with the lid on until completely soft.
- Strain the vegetables in a sieve over a bowl (to catch the broth) and place all the vegetables in a blender/food processor/thermomix.
- Add the dill, ghee/butter and egg yolk (if using) and blend until completely smooth.
- If it needs loosening at all, add some of the reserved bone broth in to make it as loose as you want. Or add it all in to make a soup.
- Serve. Season your own with salt/pepper and serve it with whatever you like. I like this with healthy sausages (think bangers and mash!).