- Mixing Bowl
- Frying Pan
- 1 cup leftover cooked vegetables and/or fruit the starchy vegetables seem to work best as the base such as pumpkin, sweet potato, potato and fruits such as apple and banana and from there if you have other veggies or fruit you can add it in! Also works with leftover meat or fish blended with the vegetables!
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp ghee omit for dairy free
- 1 heaped tbsp cassava flour other flours also work such as buckwheat, tapioca, spelt or plain flour – but I do love cassava flour to keeping it grain free
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp any spice like cinnamon, lemon zest, paprika, cumin etc
- 1 serve desiccated liver powder will depend on the brand how much is suitable. generally 1/4 an adults serve
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and either mash together or use a blender or food processor to blend
- Fry on both sides in some ghee or coconut oil until cooked through OR use a sandwich press! It makes the perfect consistency – place it on and wait about 30 seconds before completely closing the lid to cook the rest (takes about 1 minute to cook)
this recipe does work to an extent without egg, it is not the same consistency but they stay together enough for BLW.