I make these a lot, they are always different and always just a ‘chuck it in and hope for the best’ type recipe – which are always the best kinds hey! I love these because they are so portable, make in a jar the night before and then I can enjoy a really high protein/fat/fibre breakfast when I am out and about! Also great to pop in a jar for a portable meal for your little one.
I like mixing chia seeds with the oats for some added fibre and fats, you can add any flavours you want once you have the base down pat.
Chia Bircher Pots
- Bowl or Jar
- Measuring Cup or Spoons
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 2 TBSP desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt allergen
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 TBSP peanut butter allergen
- 1 serve collagen
- 1 TBSP flaxseed meal
- 1 TBSP hemp seeds
- Put all ingredients in a bowl or jar, stir to combine - the mixture should be slightly liquidy to allow for the chia seeds to absorb some of the liquid - if it seems to dry add some more milk.
- Place in the fridge to set, atleast 2 hours.
- Will last in the fridge up to 3 days, does not freeze well
to make GF you can swap the rolled oats for quinoa flakes.
to make DF swap the greek yoghurt for coconut yoghurt
to make NF swap peanut butter for tahini or a tree nut butter (if tolerated) or omit.