1 meal a day+
Once tolerating cashews
Soaking the cashews makes them very easy to digest as well as getting the added benefit of a fermented food which may help to support gut health, nutrient absorption and immunity.
Fermented Golden Cashew Cheese
- Glass Jar
- 2 cups cashews
- cultured coconut yoghurt (enough to coat cashews)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 lemons juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup dill chopped
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- *cashews are a tree nut which is a top allergen
- Soak cashews in a clean jar with enough coconut yoghurt to coat.
- Close lid tightly and leave for 12-24 hours on bench
- Once fermented, add all the ingredients to a good blender, food processor or thermomix and blend until lump free - if it is too thick add more oil until desired consistency.
- Taste and add more lemon, oil or salt and pepper to taste
- Scoop into glass jar and top with small amount of olive oil - place in fridge.