AGE APPROPRIATE: 1 meal a day + One of my favourite recipes from Milk to Meals is this gut-loving creamed corn!
Why? Because the whole family can enjoy it! We still have this meal most weeks for breakfast or lunch and pimp it up with some poached eggs!
Gut - loving creamed corn
- Storage Containers
- 6 corn cobs
- 250 mL bone broth
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee, coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 bunch chives finely chopped
- Slice the kernels from the corn cobs.
- Add the kernels, spring onions and bone broth to a medium pan
- Place on a medium heat, cover and allow to simmer until corn kernels are tender (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and add to a food processor or use a stick blender. Add ghee and chives and pulse until you reach your desired consistency. If spoon-feeding, pulse until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.